DOG ON DEPLOYMENT'S
DOG ON DEPLOYMENT'S network is available for active duty, reservists, veterans, wounded warriors, and their families.
DOGS ON DEPLOYMENT ASSISTS MILITARY PET OWNERS BY:
- Providing the largest military-pet fostering network connecting pet owners with thousands of registered DoD Boarders.
- Distributing educational resources including information on PCS, responsible ownership tops and adoption resources.
- Bestowing financial aid to qualifying military members for help with their pets' care during emergencies or general assistance.
Visit DoD here!
ABOARD MCAS YUMA
A maximum limit of 2 pets per household (2 dogs, 2 cats or one of each) is allowed at any given time (not to include birds, rodents and fish). Small breed of dogs (max. weight of 25lbs) are allowed in 2nd story units at 16th Street Housing. Pets must be attended at all times by an adult on balconies and are not allowed to urinate or defecate on balconies. Dogs must be kept on leash at all times when outside the residence.
The following animals are NOT PERMITTED aboard MCAS Yuma: Full or mixed breeds of PIT BULLS, ROTTWEILERS and WOLF HYBRIDS, REPTILES (of any kind), VENOMOUS FROGS/INSECTS, LIVESTOCK AND WILD/EXOTIC ANIMALS (i.e. monkeys). If the breed of dog is questioned, owner is required to obtain written verification of its predominant breed from a licensed veterinarian.
- All Dogs and cats (REGARDLESS OF AGE) must be registered at the Provost Marshal’s Office, Building 1210, Animal Control, within 5 (five) days of arrival to your residence. Adequate time will be given to submit your pets’ required documents.
- Call 928-269-6303 to make a registration appointment, at which time dogs and cats are issued Base Registration Identification Tags, at no cost to you. Tags must be worn by pets while they reside with you. When a pet leaves a government housing residence, the owner is required to return the pet’s Registration ID tag to PMO Animal Control.